Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Review: World of Science - Fascinating facts

With its holographic cover, the book World of Science does far more than just look appealing.  It's a great homeschooling resource with an easy to follow layout that discusses physical, chemical, and biological sciences. (248 pages)

Sections include: Matter/Chemicals, Energy/Motion/Machines, Electricity/Magnetism, Light/Sound, Earth/Life, Space/Time, and (last but not least) Science Experiments.

A few things stand out to me.  I love that the introduction begins with, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  From its very creation, the Earth was formed with guidelines established by our Maker...." 

We familiarize our children with evolution and do the best with the resources we have to teach them how (and why) to defend Biblical Creation.  One of the reasons we chose to homeschool our children was because our (once in public school) 1st grader came home one day telling us about how many millions of years old the dinosaurs were that lived before people existed.  Knowing that World of Science is using the same scientific evidences we all share without a slant towards the theory (not fact) of evolution makes me breathe easier.  I don't like having to scour books for false information before my children read it.

Another thing that sets this book apart is having the science experiments in the back of the book.  I prefer having the experiments all grouped together in one section as opposed to scattered through chapters.  It makes my planning easier.

My Father's World has paired up with Master Books to get this wonderful science book into the hands of discerning parents and educators.  Knowing what we do of the excellent curriculum resources that My Father's World offers, I was thrilled to receive a free copy of this book for review.  As soon as I started flipping through the pages, I knew this was a book that I would have purchased for our family/children.
World of Science is an excellent resource for elementary school students.  Even if you don't homeschool your children, this would be a wonderful way for your children to read about areas of science that they're interested in (or help them become interested in).  As a Christian family, it is a wonderful book to add to your library; a book that focuses on science, not an evolutionary theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment