Thursday, September 29, 2011

Book Review: Hermie - A Common Caterpillar, By: Max Lucado


Hermie is one of our favourite positive-character-trait-building cartoon characters.  This easy reader book is based on the original Hermie video and follows the story quite well. 

I found it to be longer than the average "early reader" book so depending on your child's reading ability, this may or may not be a book that can be read in one sitting.  Of course, it is an enjoyable story just to read aloud to young ones as well.

This is the first e-book I have read, so that in itself was something to be learned.  I was hoping to read it on our laptop and iPod with our youngest children but ran into some difficulties after downloading the book; how to do it?  It turned out to be quite simple.  On the iPod, there is a free app called iBooks that can be downloaded on iTunes.  Once downloaded, you just open your book in iBooks.  On a computer, you can download Adobe Digital Editions for free and open up your book to read. 

I'm looking forward to downloading more digital books - great for long car rides and I won't have to pack as many books; just the laptop or iPod.  My brother's family makes good use of an iPad with many digital books to occupy little hands.  I'll be recommending Hermie to them as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment