Sunday, June 17, 2018

Book Review: The Memorization Study Bible ~ Thomas Meyer


Professor Thomas Meyer (AKA The Bible Man) has memorized multiple scripture passages and 20 complete books of the Bible; a feat made even more incredible when one realizes he does not have a photographic memory. 

The Memorization Bible is the KJV of the New Testament. Mr. Meyer has organized verses to begin, where possible, with conjunctions or prepositions. There are brief, yet concise, directions explaining how to best memorize for long term memory storage. Emphasis is also placed on writing out the verses as suggested with up to 8 words per line and incorporating both oral and written recitation. Devoting time and energy to this process is a given, but what a gift!

As I age, I feel less capable of memorizing anything significant, yet, this method gives me hope. As both a homeschool parent and Sunday school teacher, I want to memorize God’s Word alongside our children. I tape weekly verses on the window to review while washing dishes, cut strips of verses to use as bookmarks,...whatever will remind me. I look forward to trying this scientific method of memorization with myself, family, and Sunday School class. The best part is, it's another way to immerse oneself in God's Word and hide it in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment