Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dedicated Hockey Dad


Our children have a fabulous father.  In temperatures with a windchill of -32 degrees, he is out there, in the backyard, flooding a backyard rink.  It took less than a week to get it up and running; no small feat, considering there was no snow 3 weeks ago and his base layer was basically grass. 

I've come to accept the ugly rolled-up waterhose housed in our kitchen.  For obvious reasons, you just can't leave a frequently used waterhose in an unheated garage.  It's one special Daddy who will stand outdoors in sub-zero temps, layering water as it freezes, to make sure his children can skate to their hearts' content.



**ETA: Our 8yo saw me taking this picture and asked, "Mommy, why are you selling our boots?"  I had to laugh!  I guess he assumed I was taking pictures for eBay, Craiglist, etc.  I reassured him that we wouldn't be selling their boots! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment